I think Arizona is one of the greatest places on the planet – so my favorite landscape clients are those who wish to embrace the desert and share their spaces with all its weird plants and animals. I specialize in native and low-water plants, wildlife habitat, water harvesting, easy-care spaces, and creative reuse of existing materials. And sculpture too, of course. I love the challenge of doing something fun with a small budget and help a lot of people see potential in what they’ve viewed as hopeless spaces. I work with residential and commercial property owners and HOAs.
If you need advice on specific landscape issues or want to brainstorm ideas for your garden, then a landscape consult might be just right. In a one to two hour session, we’ll discuss issues that concern you and come up with ideas for solving them and referrals to specialists who can help.
Perhaps you’re a Do-It-Yourselfer and want a professional critique of your ideas and tips for placement of garden elements – then an on-site design is a fun and effective solution. We’ll meet and discuss your project and use flags and spray paint to mark where “hardscape” and plants will go. Afterwards, you’ll be ready to grab your shovel and get to work!
Commercial design client and projects include:
- Tohono Chul Park “Sonoran Seasons Garden” (An effort by a team of three designers)
- Miraval Resort and Spa: Renovated gardens at four residential units and designed the plantscape for the Outdoor Treatment Area.
- Metro Water: Designed the front entry garden
- The Nature Conservancy: Designed a native plant garden at the Tucson office
- Vistoso Village in Rancho Vistoso: Created a color garden with walking paths to replace a large bermuda lawn
- HOA clients: Designed public spaces and renovated residences for Placita del Oro, El Conquistador Resort Patio Homes, Armory Park del Sol